TEN THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT ONE BEACON COURT
with Jill Sloane, EVP at Halstead Property
What an amazing building we have on the East Side of Manhattan, the The Bloomberg Tower (aka 151 East 58th Street, 731 Lexington Avenue and One Beacon Court). When I think “Luxury and amazing views” on the East side, One Beacon Court immediately comes to mind! Here are some tidbits you may not have known:
1. The Bloomberg Building encompasses a full city block on 58th and 59th Streets between Lexington and Third Avenues. It was built on the previous site of the infamous Alexander’s Department Store. It features 2 towers constructed above a steel office and retail section, separated by a seven-story atrium. This dramatic glass skyscraper is 1,400,000 SF and stands 55 stories.
2. Construction began in 2001. It was designed by Cesar Pelli and Associates and built by Vornado Realty Trust. The contemporary lobby and hallways were designed by French designer, Jacques Grange. The building was completed in 2004.
3. It is the headquarters for Bloomberg, L.P. who leases 900,000sf of office space. It is also home to mega stores Home Depot, H&M and the Container Store. You are steps to Bloomingdales, Central Park, shopping on Madison Avenue, the finest restaurants in Manhattan and much more.
4. If you are hungry after shopping, you can treat yourself to one of NYC’s best restaurants, Sirio Maccioni’s Le Cirque located in the courtyard of One Beacon Court. The food is amazing and it’s definitely a wonderful experience and worth it!
5. The Residences at One Beacon Court begin on the 32nd floor and go up to the 55th floor. There are 105 exclusive residences offering unparalleled amenities and stunning panoramic views of the Hudson, NYC Skyline and Central Park. Homes range between 2 and 4 bedrooms and 1364 sf to over 4500 sf.
6. The Residents have a private entrance with an enclosed elliptical courtyard that is 7 stories high. The courtyard connects 58th to 59th Street. Its glass walls curve around the perimeter of the courtyard, tilting inward as they rise-it is beautifully done. There is also a circular drive for easy pick up and drop off and extra privacy.
7. Each luxurious home features unobstructed, stunning views, floor to ceiling windows, 10 foot ceilings, top of the line kitchens and marble baths. The amenities are located on the 29th floor and include a state of the art fitness center with pool, business and resident lounge and children’s playroom. There is also a 24 hour doorman, reception desk, and valet and concierge services.
8. One Beacon Court has attracted successful business people and famous residents from around the world… Some of them include playboy Flavio Briatore, Beyonce, producer Joe Roth, billionaire Steven Cohen, Fraudsters Marc Dreier and Scott Rothstein, Fendi heir Luca Formila Fendi and more.
9. When One Beacon Court was 1st offered, apartments other than the PH’s sold for approximately $2000 a sf. That was a premium back in 2003/2004. Today, these luxurious homes are selling between $4000-$6000 a sf and more for the PH homes. The least expensive apartment on the market is a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath home asking $4,950M. It is 1364 sf.
10. The latest apartment to hit the market at One Beacon Court is hedge fund extraordinaire, Steve Cohen’s PH 51W for $115,000,000. At 9,000 sf , this 4 bedroom, 5.5 bath home is a spectacular one of a kind trophy residence. It is the only duplexed PH at Beacon Court. Mr. Cohen paid $24,000,000 in 2005. Another good investment for Steven!
If you haven’t checked out The Bloomberg Tower, you should definitely walk by, admire the architecture and courtyard and treat yourself to outstanding cuisine at Le Cirque.
To network with Jill, you can email her, head to Facebook, Twitter, or her official website.